Data Gems Play Testing

Hi everyone! I was sorry to miss last week’s initial gathering and am looking forward to connecting with all of you later today.

Here’s what I created for tracking/goals. Without participating last week, I hope this is on track for the project!

• Move: ducks paddle furiously under the surface of the water, and I need to be more intentional about moving at work, especially now that the school year is over and I’m not out doing outreach for the library! I’ll move the duck each hour I get up and move and then ring the bell at the end of an 8-hour shift if successful!

• Connect: at the end of each day, hopefully I will have connected with someone in a meaningful and positive way. This can be through text, phone call, or even patron interaction. I chose the starfish for a tracker because for some reason that bead felt like it was reaching out to connect! (This is a yes/no thing. The blue bead is a yes, I connected; brown bead is no, I didn’t.)

• Create: I’m an old school paper crafter and love to create handmade cards. I hope to be more intentional about doing this rather than…(see next data point). I chose the blue tracker bead because blue is one of my favorite colors. (Again, this is a yes/no thing.)

• Ignore: when I’m at home, I am prone to scrolling on my phone, usually social media to get ideas for cards. I hope to ignore my phone a bit more each hour, so that I have time to actually make the cards! I chose red beads so that I STOP scrolling.

I’ll try to upload the photo here as well.

2 Likes